Our Specialist internal medicine clinicians are based at ChesterGates Veterinary Specialists, Lumbry Park Veterinary Specialists and Highcroft Veterinary Referrals.
The teams take a multidisciplinary approach to cases, working closely with other medical services to achieve the optimum outcomes for their patients.
The Specialist team offers internal medicine services for:
- Respiratory conditions (coughing, nasal disease)
- Gastointestinal conditions
- Urinary tract conditions (renal failure, haematuria, polyuria/polydipsia)
- Oesophageal Gastrointestinal conditions
- Haematological conditions (anaemia, thrombocytopenia, coagulopathies)
- Endocrine conditions (diabetes mellitus, hyperadrenocorticism)
- Hepatopathies, pancreatic conditions
- Infectious disease
- Gastrointestinal or respiratory foreign bodies requiring endoscopic removal
The internal medicine Specialist team use highly sophisticated facilities including endoscopy, fluoroscopy, CT and MRI, and work closely with other departments, especially soft tissue surgery, cardiology and oncology, for optimal patient care.
Please see below for clinicians at our Specialist-led referral centres